If you want to prepend a prefix to the Admin username field for all scripts, you’ll need to change these settings.
The enduser install page of scripts like WordPress, Joomla, and others will reflect this setting.
This setting can be found in the Enduser Setting Section of the Softaculous Admin Panel -> Settings -> General Settings.
- You can select one of the three options as given below :
- Username : This option prepends the username of the user.
- Domain : In the install page, this option will prepend the domain name of the selected domain.
- Defined by the administrator: You can prepend any alphanumeric text with this option. (You will be required to type a text.)
Note : Dont use ‘-‘ as we will be using it as a separator.
- In the below image you can see the options to select the settings.
- After selecting your settings. Click on Edit Settings at the bottom of the page as shown in the image below.
- Notice from Softaculous will be displayed stating The settings were saved successfully.
- For example, if you select Admin Defined in the settings and I enter random as the admin username prefix, the WordPress install page (in this example) will look like the image below.